First Draft

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

One Down, Eleven to Go

This year, instead of coming up with a few big new year's resolutions that I would no doubt be diligent about for a couple months tops and then forget about, I decided to come up with some small things and do one each month. They vary in size and scope, so some will be easy to complete and others will be challenging. At the top of my calendar each month I've written that month's goal. In JanuaryI started an automatic savings account. I intentionally started with an easy one so that I'd feel all accomplished. Others for the year include writing a short story, working on a habitat house, throwing a dinner party, and knitting a sweater. This way I hope I can accomplish some goals without stressing myself out all at once. So now that it's February I'm ready to start goal #2--getting my resume in order. I'm considering trying to do some freelance work on top of my regular job--just for some extra money. And if I can figure out another regular job that would fit me better, I'm definitely open to that too.

We'll see how this goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home