I'm participating in a swap
where you secretly spoil someone with fun gifts. This one is built around the person's favorite color. I've never done one before, and it sounded like fun. I've already checked out the person I'm sending to and she will be very fun to shop for. So for whomever has my name, here are my answers to the questionnaire.Favorite Color Swap Questionnaire
1. What are your top three favorite colors? My favorite color is blue (light blue, denim blue shades, dark teal—all good). I also like bright red and the more muted greens.
2. What crafts do you really enjoy? Knitting. All the time with the knitting!
3. What products do you really covet? Hmmm—I’m looking for another tote bag to carry around my knits in progress. And I have found myself lingering around the knitting notions aisle a lot lately. Cute stitch markers and another row counter and things like that have been catching my attention.
4. What other activities do you enjoy besides your favorite crafty things? I read a lot and spend a lot of time outdoors walking/running/hiking.
5. Is there anything you collect? Not really. Unless you count books and yarn.
6. What is your zodiac sign and/or Chinese zodiac symbol? I’m a Gemini.
7.What are your favorite…
…scents/smells? I like rich and earthy scents.
…types of music and/or bands? Some favorites are Emmylou Harris, Pete Yorn, Coldplay, Alison Krauss, Over the Rhine, Jack Johnson.
…authors? Oh, goodness, how to choose. I love Anne Lamott, Clyde Edgerton, Jane Austin, Frederick Buechner, as well as lots of “children’s” authors like Tolkein, Shel Silverstein, JK Rowling. Plenty others . . .
…animals? I like most of the critters I’ve met, and I’ve owned all kinds of pets in my lifetime.
…places to shop? I like thrift stores, bookstores, craft stores, yarn shops, and Target.
…season? Fall. The air just feels right in the fall.
…yarn/fabric/paper/other craft supplies? I love yarn. Especially natural fibers like wools and cottons. My "in case of emergency" kit contains a flashlight, first aid stuff, bottled water, and dishcloth cottons with size 8 needles. Just in case.
…candies or goodies? Dark chocolate--yummy. I also have a fondness for the chocolate/peanut butter combo.
8. Do you have any wish lists? Amazon.
9. Are you allergic to anything? No.
10. Do you have any pets? What are they? I have a big fluffy cat named Wolfie. He likes turkey, the cat toy I knitted for him, and snuggling with us humans. He dislikes loud noises and us not sharing our turkey with him.
11. Please include anything else you would like your secret pal to know about you--anything that would be helpful in finding you little gifts that you will really enjoy.
I can't really think of anything, but you're welcome to ask if there's anything else you'd like to know!