First Draft

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

One Show I Do Not Knit Through

Most of my tv watching is combined with my knitting. I usually knit my way through football games and other sporting events on tv. (Unless it's a big game. I didn't knit through most of the Saints/Bears game, but once it became painfully obvious that a Superbowl appearance wasn't going to happen for us, I knit furiously for the rest of the game.) Dialogue-heavy shows are easy to watch while knitting. Gilmore Girls--no problem! Gray's Anatomy usually isn't a problem. Heroes is sometimes a go. But 24. 24 and Sir Jack Bauer require my full and undivided attention. Furthermore, even though Chris hates commercials and generally channel surfs during them, he doesn't when we watch 24. Because if he did I'd get all tense that I could miss three seconds when it starts again. And those three seconds are important in an obsessive sort of way. The ticking sound that the show's clock makes when it comes back hits you a little like a crack addiction. Must get my fix. Drop everything and run to television immediately. Forget about the food burning in the oven. Don't think about the knitting. Leave everything behind.

*Stop reading if you Tivo'd the latest episode or something.*

So far we're five hours (episodes) into the day (season) and we've just learned that a character, Graham, from last season is back. Last season he was a very, very bad man, and now we've found out that he's also Jack's brother. It seems they aren't exactly close. And seeing as how Jack is now torturing him for information I kinda doubt there'll be much opportunity for reconciliation. Which is okay, since I'm fairly certain that he remains a very, very bad man. Chris said that this was a very soap-operaish plot twist (and I do have to agree), but I'm very interested to see how this goes. It also looks like we'll get to meet Jack's dad this season. Man, I've missed this show!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home