First Draft

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

"Knit, People, Knit"


So I'm knittin' on my sofa 'round about 7:00 tonight, and Gilmore Girls comes on. And we open to a scene of Lorelai knitting! Then the whole town is knitting--in practice for a town knit-a-thon! Wheeee! So I'm knitting along with all the people in Luke's Diner, and knitting with everyone in Stars Hollow's town square. Of course a few of those people are only fake knitting, but there is a nice-looking swift featured prominently. I'm very amused by the high knitting content of the night's tv.

I've started this sock so that this guy has a mate.










I'm also truckin' along on a light blue scarf, and I started a black cardigan (the Equestrian Blazer from Interweave Knits' latest issue--pretty!!!).

5 Comments:

  • I know! It was great! And I want that "knit or go home" t-shirt that Loreli was wearing!

    By Blogger Jennifer Coomer, at 11/28/2006 9:38 PM  

  • Darn, I wish I'd seen that show!!

    By Blogger Sarah W., at 11/28/2006 10:27 PM  

  • I kept telling Greg "that person knows how to knit" and "that person is faking".

    By Blogger Sarah, at 11/29/2006 9:20 AM  

  • superneato. did the actors appear to know what they were doing, or were they acting with needles in hand?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/29/2006 1:13 PM  

  • Some of them were really knitting! Some of them were knitting, but it looked like they first picked up the needles about two minutes before the camra started rolling. And some of them were definitely faking it.

    By Blogger Katie, at 11/29/2006 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home