First Draft

Monday, February 06, 2006

Olympic Yarn Procured! Oh, and My Weekend of Intarsia


I've found and purchased yarn for my Knitting Olympics project! It's Wool-Ease worsted weight yarn in a yummy green that has a little bit of heather to it. Here's the picture of the color on LionBrand's website, but the true color really doesn't look like the picture. I bought the yarn with the gift card my mom gave me for Christmas (thanks, Mom!). It's pretty soft for non-natural fibers. Besides, if wool/acrylic blend is good enough for the beautiful Anthropologie sweaters I love and covet, then that blend is good enough for me!

In other knitting news, I finished the gifts for my nephews and I'll mail the package off today. I knitted a baby blanket, hat, and booties for new nephew Cole and a big brother superhero cape for Carter. I know he's still adjusting to the concept of a new baby around the house, so I wanted to send him a cool gift, too. I really enjoyed making the cape. It was a quick knit and I kept imagining him wearing it and pretending to fly around. That image in my head provided quite a bit of motivation. It was also my first try at intarsia (or any two-color knitting). The cape was bright blue and I intarsia-ed a yellow lightning bolt and Carter's name in red from a chart I drew. I think it went well, even though I was kinda guessing my way through it. Whatever--I was happy with it.

Unfortunately I had a camera incident that prevented me from getting any pictures, so I'm hoping that they can take some pictures of the gifts in use by their recipients. That's more fun, anyway!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home