First Draft

Sunday, July 09, 2006

July 4th Weekend

July 4th weekend Mom, Dad, Johnny, Natasha, and Grace all came up to Nashville to visit. It was really nice to have them here, and to see precious Grace again. She is much bigger than she was the last time I saw her, and she kicks around and smiles and gurgles and grabs knitting needles (yep, clearly she's a natural). It was a great time, though I was rather tired after they left.

We got to see a Sounds game, we ate at Famous Dave's (always a good choice in mine and Chris's book, and Dad REALLY liked the food), and we saw the fireworks at the Shores and Stripes festival Monday night. Grace seemed pretty enthralled by the fireworks. We worried the noise would scare her, but she seemed pretty thrilled to just watch the pretty colors. I, on the other hand, was terribly afraid of fireworks until I was 18. Well, maybe not quite 18, but I was scared of them for a very long time. Yeah, sure, they were pretty, but people seemed to be missing the fact that there was FIRE FALLING FROM THE SKY!

But, I'm over it now, and I even went to a second set of fireworks on Tuesday night. The crew left to go back to Louisiana Tuesday morning, but Chris and I went to the big fireworks show downtown. It was beautiful! They do a really good job of coordinating it to be a very impressive show, especially set to the music.

But all things have their season, and so this weekend in lieu of busyness and fireworks, I'm reading and knitting and enjoying the simple quiet of it all.

2 Comments:

  • Sorry Lacy, Lady, Cardea and I could not make it last weekend. We missed being there with the fam. To keep from posting two comments, I'll go on and tell you that the Angelina sweater is very pretty. Have a great week!!!

    Billy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/09/2006 5:20 PM  

  • Ugh, I hated fireworks as a kid too, but because of the booming sounds. Too loud!

    By Blogger Sarah W., at 7/09/2006 10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home