First Draft

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The Little Sock That Could . . .

Not Fit My Foot.

I decided I wanted to knit socks. I got a great pattern. I swatched. I measured. I followed the pattern's directions explicitly. However, I apparently changed gauge somewhere somehow (it was the stress of the day--it made me knit tighter?) and now this lovely red and yellow and orange variegated woolen sock will in no way, shape, or form fit either of my feet (I tried it on both just in case).

Before I made this realization I had gotten pretty far into the pattern. I had made a heel flap, turned the heel, picked up stitches, made some gussets--but then I looked at it. It was a very beautiful sock. But a very beautiful small sock.

So I ripped it back and set the yarn aside, where it now taunts me. Oh, I'll try again little sock yarn. You haven't beaten me yet.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home