First Draft

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Knitting in Stops and Starts

Last night I cast on (casted on???) for a new project only to rip it out after a row or two of knitting. Then I cast on for the same project with a different yarn. There was no improvement, so I ripped again. So I decided the yarn would maybe like to something else, so I thought of another project I’ve been wanting to try. Nope, the yarn was not happy with the first two rows of that either. Sigh. I think the problem may be with the knitter rather than the yarn. I was in a strange and unsettled mood yesterday. I think I’ve been stressed about work and definitely not getting enough sleep--leads to feelings of maudlinishness (and the making up of words, apparently). I’ll try to cast on again tonight and perhaps the yarn will be inspired.

2 Comments:

  • Which yarn? Last I saw ye post-Alias glow you were knitting the mirror to your Mason-Dixon warshcloth.

    By Blogger Jennifer Coomer, at 4/27/2006 9:23 AM  

  • This was some other yarn I'd picked up from the stash. It was blue--rayon and cotton. It just wasn't cooperating. So yesterday I started on the second warshrag. Twas a good choice.

    By Blogger Katie, at 4/27/2006 1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home