First Draft

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Thinga-Jiggers and Twitterpation

I peered deep into my stash this weekend in search of that summery fiber called cotton. And I discovered some long-ago-purchased-on-sale-before-yarn-diet-went-into-effect cotton angora yarn. It feels soooo yummy and soft, and it’s an absolutely beautiful deep teal color. I had hidden it away in the winter so I could find it and be surprised and inspired once summery, cottony weather rolled around. And I have indeed rediscovered it and embarked on the journey whereby I transform it into a shrugy, cardigany thinger-jigger. Cause it is spring, the time of twitterpation and love lingering in the air and Chris and I taking walks after eating a good meal--and me wanting to make soft and girly things to wear.



This particular thinga-jigger is loosely based on this idea. But I have trouble committing to “the patterns” as they are presented. Yeah, I’m a rebel that way. I do occassionally follow the directions to a T. Occasionally. But I usually want to use a different yarn. Or I don’t like the edging they chose. Or I’m not sure I have enough of the yarn and now the lovely yarn shop is all sold out of it so I need to make some adjustments. It’s always something. Maybe it’s never being satisfied or maybe it’s learning from a process; maybe it is being rebellious or maybe it’s just being creative. I am quite certain this issue I have sometimes leaves me with less than desirable results. I think I am okay with that. Cause I'm liking the learning and discovering. I think the knitterly inclined of us realize that it's often about the discovering—discovering the ways of yarn and knitting, yes, but also about the ways of our own selves. You are an odd assortment of people, you knitters, but I am excited to call myself one of you.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home