First Draft

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Upon a Spring Day

I love that it's starting to feel like spring, that I see just a little more of that daylight stuff each afternoon, that I can go out walking after work without having to bundle up at all. Because of this new ability to work out more easily, I've begun the annualish decision to start working out again. I know that this feeling comes in starts and stops, but if it doesn't at least start then it'll never stick. I don't have a lot of extra money so I'm going the simple route, but sometimes if I don't put any money into something I feel less motivation to continue with it. Silly, I know, but there's definitely some psychology working there. So I bought some resistance bands at Target today to do some home-workout toning. And of course I'm planning to keep up the walking/jogging.

I've still been knitting my Olympic sweater, but once the olympics finished and I didn't have a definite goal in mind--I developed knitting ADD, wherein I have about four different knit projects going at once. This is good in that I don't get bored and whatever I'm in the mood for is at the ready, but it also takes much longer to get any of them finished. But, as Johnny pointed out, if you're only working on what you really want to be doing then the quality will be that much better. I like this outlook and sincerely wish I could apply it to all things in life in general and at work in specific. Alas . . .

I'll leave you with a funny for the week. I found this on my door a few nights ago, left by one of my neighbor friends:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home