First Draft

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Winter Knitting Olympics Indeed

I woke up today, ate a brunchish type meal, took a shower, got dressed, packed up some stuff so I could go do some work at the library, walked out the door, and stopped abruptly upon sight of a rather thick layer of white stuff. Apparently it snowed quite a bit last night.

Upon further examination it looks as though there was some snow--but mixed with a good bit of ice. Thankfully by the time I saw it the roads had already been well cleared, so no problems on that front. But it does add a nice ambience to the idea of a WINTER olympics--both knitting and otherwise. Perhaps I'll get to put that sweater-in-the-making to good use this season.

Which brings me to a progress report--with pictures. Cause I know how to do that now. (Sad, I know. The technology sometimes intimidates me.) Well, I had to do some frogging (for my family who reads this--that means I had to rip back some rows. Frog--rip it. Frog--ribbet. Get it? Ah!). I had done some of my decreasing wrong and it was definitely going to affect the way it would fit me, so I decided it needed to be fixed. Yes, it was a slip in the middle of the race, a two-footed landing on the double axle, but I'm not out of the game yet, my friends!


So here's where I am (well, was as of last night). The body will go pretty quickly as long as I don't have to frog it again. The sleeves will be slower going, though. So I'm hoping to get started on them by at least Tuesday of this week.

Hope you all stay warm and dry and safe this weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home