First Draft

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Things We Learned

Chris and I took a day off work to celebrate St. Valentine's Day. We decided to do a Nashville day and go places tourists go and just have a good day off. And here is a sampling of what we learned--courtesy of the planetarium, and the backstage tour of the Ryman hosted by Bill the Tourguide.

Johnny Cash was not a fan of the stagelights at the Ryman.
Most things on the large, planetary scale are made up of spheres and move around in spherical paths. I've known this for a while, but yesterday it struck me as particularly interesting.
Elvis Presley performed on the Ryman stage once, and was never invited back.
Stars start their lives in star nurseries many light years away from here.
George No-Show Jones drank a lot because, according to Bill, "you know, things happen."
Neptune used to have a Great Dark Spot, but in Hubble photographs it has disappeared and nobody knows why.

In all it was a good day with good weather and capped off by good food. But of course, the best part of it was the company! Happy Valentine's Day.

Knitting Olympic Update: I have knitted up 2.5 balls of yarn (total to knit: 5 balls). I'm at least halfway through with the body portion, and I'm pretty happy with the way it's looking. However on the sleeves I have to use double-pointed needles and I'm much slower with them than with the circs. But it's all part of the challenge!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home