First Draft

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The Ever-Present Dilemma


It pops up so often in my workday--the thought that if I had my way I'd just be knitting. Instead I am copyediting and permissioning and computering and paperworking and sometimes talking twelve times a day to an author/professor who is upset because I, who have the job of editing his book, have *gasp* added commas, fixed grammatical errors, and sometimes even added some words so that he doesn't inadvertently call Jesus a cannibal.* Sigh. Wish I were knitting. One of the knitblogs I like to read is Mason-Dixon Knitting (they're the one's I'll see at the booksigning event I'm going to this week!!!). I would like their next book to be a self-help guide entitled "How to Have Our Life" or something along those lines. Cause these ladies must knit all the time-and it's all so beautiful. Their book came in the mail yesterday, direct from the Amazon, and I spent an embarrassing amount of time just drooling over the pretty pictures. Now I'm dreaming of all the pretty things my stash can become. . . . At least I can still work and dream at the same time.

*From manuscript: "Jesus healed, ate, and befriended the people."

1 Comments:

  • I'm about to cry from how funny that is. Jesus ate the people.

    I've tried to get you all to open a yarn store with me. But no one will join the cause.

    By Blogger Jennifer Coomer, at 4/19/2006 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home