First Draft

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Just in Time for Summer to Come . . .

the sweater's done!

Pictures will follow. But I just wanted to share. I've also finished the bag I'm working on (which means I need to start some new stuff--what to do next?)--it just needs to be felted and it'll be ready to use. The felting process will require the use of hot water.

Which I did not have over the weekend since my water heater broke and flooded the floor of my closet. I found out about it when I got home and found a note on my door from the maintenance guy. Unless maintenance guys have their own form of ESP so that they just know when stuff breaks, I'm assuming that it leaked through the ceiling onto my downstairs neighbor. So with the water flooding my closet floor where all my shoes live and the water leaking onto the downstairs folks' closet where I imagine their clothes live--there's at least a few people in our apartment complex who didn't have a great day.















Do not be concerned. No yarn was harmed in the flooding of this closet.


However, all but two pairs of the shoes survived as well as all but two purses, a pair of gloves that I'm sure I won't miss, and some random papers that I really hope aren't important. Not bad at all. But, silly as it sounds, I was kind of sad to lay to rest one of those pairs of shoes.

Bye-bye cute shoes.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home