First Draft

Friday, May 05, 2006

How Many Knit Purses Does One Person Need?

At least a few more. Take a look at this photo I found linked on one of Crazy Aunt Purl's comments:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hitbyabus/106745499

Very pretty, no? I hope someone figures out a pattern for it and shares it with everyone. Here is my latest shoulder bag in its felted form:



The bottom is knit from some leftover black Lamb's Pride Bulky, and the body and long strap were knit from one lone and lovely skein of Noro Big Kuryeon in a beautiful color scheme with lots of shades of green and blue. The fabric isn't as substantial as other felted bags I've made since I didn't double the yarns and the Noro runs thick and thin in places, but two trips through the wash has it felted enough to safely hold all I need to hold. It has a button closure, so as soon as I sew on a button it will be ready to roll!

4 Comments:

  • I'm diggin it! That's pretty Katie. I think we know got all the creative genes in the family.

    Billy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/05/2006 9:43 PM  

  • who

    billy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/05/2006 10:04 PM  

  • That purse in the link...makes me want to cry.

    I like your new felted purse. I say that you can NEVER have too much handknit anything.

    By Blogger Jennifer Coomer, at 5/08/2006 9:39 AM  

  • There are 365 days in a year. A bag for every day!

    I have the same affliction. Bags are so fun to make!

    By Blogger Sarah, at 5/08/2006 4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home