First Draft

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Knitters, Knitters Everywhere

As a Coca-Cola connoiseur, I’ve done some research. And my extensive studies have led me to believe that Sonic has the best cokes. I’m pretty sure it has something to do with the ice. So, this weekend I treated myself to a GOOD coke. I pulled into a space, pushed the red button, gave my order, and then pulled out the sock I’m working on and proceeded to knit a bit. After a minute or two I saw the Sonic employee walking my way, so I put the sock down in the passenger’s seat and got my money in hand. When the girl got to my window, instead of telling me my total she asked, “Whatcha workin’ on?”

“A sock!” Me, surprised. Is she a knitter, too!?!

“Oh, nice. I knit, too. I’m working on a purse right now.”

Cool! So we talk about knitting, and she admires the sock, and I tell her if she can knit a purse she can knit a sock, because now that I’ve knit one or two I know it isn’t very hard. So she inspects my yarn and we chat for a while. Then, she gives me my order, and I pay. And before I pull out of the parking spot, I take a long sip of a good coke and think about how knitters are everywhere these days—and how that’s a very good thing.

3 Comments:

  • Did you know that Coca Cola makes a special formula for McDonald's? According to my brother it's true. And he's worked at almost every McD's in Central Ky so it must be true.

    I once gave a knitting lesson in a Sonic parking lot to an employee who was a beginner. She saw me knitting and went and got her stuff. I taught her to cast on and get her started on her first row.
    Amazing. Sonic. Where good food and knitting come together.

    By Blogger Jennifer Coomer, at 8/15/2006 9:08 PM  

  • Wow, they really are everywhere! Knitter unite!

    By Blogger Sarah W., at 8/15/2006 9:57 PM  

  • what a cool story.

    i love the ice at sonic, too, but mostly that limeade. yummmm.

    oh, someday i hope to have a similair KIP experience.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/16/2006 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home