First Draft

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

What’s a Girl to Do?

I miss school. I say this realizing the inherent geekiness of this admission. Just after I finished college I missed school in the sense of missing my friends and the atmosphere and the schedule of college days. I don’t miss those things as much anymore. I guess I’ve gotten used to what most of the working world calls a normal schedule. But I do miss the learning parts. Silly, I know. But I always liked the challenge of struggling to learn something new. Now, I’m not going so far as to say that I want to go back to school full-time and get another degree. But maybe I could find an inexpensive class where I can learn something totally foreign to me right now. Anybody got any ideas? Have any of you in the Nashville area taken a class somewhere that you would recommend?

3 Comments:

  • Have you tried a google search yet? I'm sure there are fiber arts classes in town, and surely there are continuing ed. classes with all these universities around town.

    By Blogger Sarah W., at 8/29/2006 7:55 PM  

  • Of course I would encourage you to take a philosophy course, religious studies course, or even a philosophy of religion course. I loved it so much I made it my major.

    --Billy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/29/2006 10:05 PM  

  • There is Nashville State Community College off of White Bridge Road. Classes there are pretty cheap. As for what to take, I would probably take a second language and then as a reward travel to a place that speaks that language after you master it. I would also love to take Photography, Sewing, Cooking, and Auto Repair (I hate feeling like I am getting ripped off).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/05/2006 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home